Who can enter the contest?
The contest is open to all amateur photographers, regardless of age, gender or nationality. Entrants under 18 years of age require a valid written permission from a parent or legal guardian
Until when can I submit my photographs?
Registration will be open from March 31st until June 30th, 2016.
Which are the categories of the competition?
Photographs may be submitted in either of two categories: Wild Beauty and Changing World, in two modalities: Individual Photo and Series of Photos. You can participate in both categories and modalities.
Photographs that are not considered to fall conceptually within one of these two categories will not be eligible for the contest.
What is considered “Wild Beauty”?
Any ecosystem free of evidence of human intervention or contamination. For examples, visit: http://iucnrle.org/second-photo-contest/WB/.
What is considered “Changing World”?
Any ecosystem that has been in some way impacted or altered through human intervention or contamination. This impact or alteration may be negative or positive. For examples, visit: http://iucnrle.org/second-photo-contest/CW/.
Which requirements must my picture comply with in order to participate?
- Only digital images will be accepted, but images do not need to have been taken with a digital camera.
- Images that have been retouched using software or by other means will be accepted, but it is not permitted to add or remove objects to/from the image or otherwise to alter the image so that it misrepresents the reality of the scene it depicts.
- Both color and monochrome images will be accepted.
- File format: JPG or PNG.
- File resolution: 300 dpi.
- Minimum image size: 15 cm per 30 cm (at a resolution of 300 dpi).
- Maximum file size: 20 Mb.
Images must comply conceptually with the selected category in order to participate. Please note that photographs that are focussed on a particular species, and not an ecosystem, are not elegible to participate in the contest.
Which photos can participate?
Entry is strictly limited to original images to which the photographer holds all applicable rights. Images that have received an award or recognition in any other photography competitions are not eligible. Images that have been previously published may be submitted.
How many photographs may I submit?
For the Individual modality each photographer may participate with a minimum of one (1) photo and a maximum of two (2) photos, while for the Series modality, the minimum is a series of three (3) photos and the maximum is two series of five (5) photos each. Since you can participate in both categories and modalities at once, the minimum to participate in the contest is one (1) photo (one category/individual modality) and the maximum is 24 photos (both categories/both modalities).
How do I enter the contest?
- Carefully read the Official Rules.
- Select the photos you want to submit for the categories and modalities of your preference (you may submit photos in both categories and modalities).
- Gather all the required information for each of your photos, including Title, Description, Continent, Country, Location, Date and Filename
- Fill out the Online Form.
- Send us your photos as .jpg or .png files to our email: [email protected] using the heading "Third RLE Photo Contest – Submission".
How do I know that you have successfully received my entry?
After you have completed the online form and sent your photo(s), you will receive an email informing the compliance / non-compliance of the technical requirements.
If the photograph meets the technical requirements, you will receive a second email stating the compliance /non-compliance of the thematic requirements.
I have not received any confirmation email, why?
The confirmation email may take a couple of days to arrive while we confirm compliance with the technical requirements. If you have not received a response 48 hours after submitting your photographs, please check your spam and junk mail folders and be sure to add [email protected] to your safe mail list.